BUILDING YOUTH COALITIONS & ENGAGING YOUTH - March 3rd 2021
The Nicotine and Cannabis Policy Center (NCPC), in partnership with The American Heart Association (AHA), hosted an extremely informative webinar to provide a helpful guide on “Building Youth Coalitions and Engaging Youth.” During this webinar, a keynote address from NCPC Research Core Co-Lead Dr. Bonnie Halpern-Felsher was given along with a panel of speakers key Central Valley Community Groups discussing their experiences.
Host: Dr. Anna Song, Director of the NCPC
Moderator & Keynote Speaker: Dr. Bonnie Halpern-Felsher, Stanford University
- Erick Rangel— Regional Advocates Countering Tobacco (ReAct)
- Jasmine Gallegos, Madera County Health Educator
- Daisy Lopez—California Health Collaborative
- Cynthia Rocha Sapien—Youth Leadership Institute (YLI)
- Muriel Gobea—Regional Advocates Countering Tobacco (ReAct)
- Nicole Morgan—California Youth Advocacy Network (CYAN)
To watch a recording of the webinar please click the link below.
BUILDING YOUTH COALITIONS & ENGAGING YOUTH
To download materials provided by panelists - please click on the images below
Central Valley Voices - Tobacco & Vaping Among Youth
Marina Sanchez (aged 19), alumni of Sanger High School, talks about her experiences with the use of tobacco and nicotine among her peers while growing up in the Central Valley.
Most of the students at my school had the long skinny e-cigarettes, so it would fit easily into their pockets or backpacks and it would blend really well with their pencils...
- Marina Sanchez (aged 19), Sanger, CA
Please contact Alex Mellor email@example.com if you have any questions or need further information.