COMMUNITY CORE WEBINAR SERIES
The Community Core, in partnership with The American Heart Association, have hosted a number of online webinars, all of which are available to watch. Materials and presentations associated with the webinars are also available to download.
1. “COVID-19, TOBACCO & VAPING: Insights from Researchers in California’s San Joaquin Valley.”
The Nicotine and Cannabis Policy Center, in partnership with The American Heart Association hosted an online webinar Monday, July 13th 2020: “COVID-19, TOBACCO & VAPING: Insights from Researchers in California’s San Joaquin Valley.” During this webinar four distinguished speakers presented on a number of COVID-19 & tobacco/vaping related subjects.
There was also a Q&A discussion following the presentations. Please play the video below for the recording of the webinar. All the speaker's slides are listed below the video link.
- Dr. Norval J. Hickman – Program Officer for the Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program at the University of California Office of the President
- Dr. Marcos Garcia-Ojeda – Associate Teaching Professor of Biology, UC Merced
- Dr. Gilberto Lopez – Assistant Professor, Arizona State University School of Transborder Studies
- Dr. Anna Epperson – Assistant Professor, Psychology, University of California, Merced
To watch a recording of the webinar please click the link above or visit this page: COVID-19 Webinar.
2. “California’s Flavored Tobacco Sales Ban: What You Need to Know from Advocates and Practitioners.”
The Nicotine and Cannabis Policy Center, in partnership with our long term community partner The American Heart Association hosted an online webinar November 16th 2020. During this webinar a panel of speakers actively owrking across the Central Valley discussed their experiences and successes in moving towards a ban on flavored tobacco sales.
- Jamie Morgan (Moderator) – Government Relations Regional Lead, American Heart Association
- Jim Knox – Managing Director, Government Relations, American Cancer Society / Cancer Action Network
- Lindsey Freitas, MPA – Regional Advocacy Director, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids & Tobacco-Free Kids Action Fund
- Monica White, MPH – Supervising Public Health Educator, San Joaquin County Public Health Services
- Daniel Kim, MPH, MCHES - Supervising Public Health Educator, San Joaquin County Public Health Services
To watch a recording of the webinar please click the link above or visit this page: FLAVORED TOBACCO Webinar
3. "Youth Coalitions & Engaging Youth Webinar"
The Nicotine and Cannabis Policy Center (NCPC), once again in partnership with our partners at The American Heart Association (AHA), hosted on March 3rd, 2021 an extremely informative webinar to provide a helpful guide on “Building Youth Coalitions and Engaging Youth.” During this webinar an amazing keynote address from our Research Core Co-Lead Dr. Bonnie Halpern-Felsher was given. This webinar also includes informative discussions from panel of speakers from key Central Valley Community Groups who highlight their experiences.
Host: Anna Song, NCPC Director
Moderator & Keynote: Bonnie Halpern-Felsher, Stanford University
- Erick Rangel— Regional Advocates Countering Tobacco (ReAct)
- Jasmine Gallegos, Madera County Health Educator
- Daisy Lopez—California Health Collaborative
- Cynthia Rocha Sapien—Youth Leadership Institute (YLI)
- Muriel Gobea—Regional Advocates Countering Tobacco (ReAct)
- Nicole Morgan—California Youth Advocacy Network (CYAN)
To watch a recording of the webinar please click the link above or visit this page: ENGAGING YOUTH Webinar
4. “Smoke-Free Policies in Multi-Unit Housing: Policy Examples and Local Perspectives”
The Nicotine and Cannabis Policy Center, in partnership with The American Heart Association, hosted an online webinar Wednesday, May 5th from 10.00am-11.30am. This latest meeting is a helpful guide on “Smoke-Free Policies in Multi-Unit Housing: Policy Examples and Local Perspectives”. In this webinar a number of amazing speakers discuss their experiences with implementing smoke-free policies in multi-unit housing - including a number of case study presentations. Please see below for the speakers or click the link to the right to watch the video:
- Liz Williams - Project & Policy Manager, Americans for Non-Smokers Rights
- Ben Gallegos - Firebaugh City Manager
- Martha Zarate - Program Coordinator, Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission, Rural Tobacco Education Program Coordinator
- Sal Raygoza - Firebaugh Chief of Police
- Leila Gholamrezaei-Eha - Health Educator/Project Director, Fresno County Department of Health
- Andrew Twinamatsiko - Staff Attorney, Public Health Law
To watch a recording of the webinar please click the link above or visit this page: MULTI-UNIT HOUSING Webinar