CALIFORNIA'S FLAVORED TOBACCO SALES BAN - WEBINAR November 16th 2020
The Community Core, in partnership with The American Heart Association, hosted a webinar on Monday, November 16th: “California’s Flavored Tobacco Sales Ban: What You Need to Know from Advocates and Practitioners.” During this webinar a panel of speakers discussed their experiences and successes in moving towards a ban on flavored tobacco sales.
- Jamie Morgan (Moderator) – Government Relations Regional Lead, American Heart Association
- Jim Knox – Managing Director, Government Relations, American Cancer Society / Cancer Action Network
- Lindsey Freitas, MPA – Regional Advocacy Director, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids & Tobacco-Free Kids Action Fund
- Monica White, MPH – Supervising Public Health Educator, San Joaquin County Public Health Services
- Daniel Kim, MPH, MCHES - Supervising Public Health Educator, San Joaquin County Public Health Services
To watch a recording of the webinar please click the link below.
Flavored Tobacco Sales Ban: What You Need to Know
Central Valley Voices - Tobacco and Vaping Concerns
Watch the short video below from our Voices of the Valley series to hear what local central valley residents think about smoking and vaping in their communities.
What concerns me the most about smoking and vaping now, is the vaping - the E-cigarettes. Those are flavored and they makes kids think that its OK, because it's flavored. A lot of people don't see danger in things that look and tastes good. They don't know how deadly or addictive it could be.
- Necola Adams, Merced Resident.
Please contact Alex Mellor email@example.com if you have any questions or need further information.